Post Pregnancy Pilates with Karrie Adamany
- When: Thursdays 10:15-11am (No class May 23rd and July 4th)
- Where: Caribou Baby, Greenpoint/Williamsburg Map
- Price: $20 for drop in, $75 for 5 class cards
You have a new baby and a new body. Now what?
To help you get back to feeling more like yourself, you need a little time for yourself. This class will give you the opportunity to focus on you and healing your body. In this class we will:
- Build a strong foundation by working your pelvic floor
- Strengthen your abdominal muscles, working carefully around your diastasis (if any exists)
- Work your whole body, gently, building up to a strong workout
- Learn how to use Pilates in your daily life to handle your baby and all the baby gear with ease
- Experience the common bond between you and other new moms, swap stories, give advice and have fun.
Regardless of whether or not you are feeling sluggish and weak or ready to get up and go running, we will start from the beginning so that we can advance safely and get your body feeling and looking fabulous in no time. Pilates is the safest, most effective way to make it happen!
Pre-crawling babies are welcome!
Please note that tickets are not returnable or transferable the day of the selected class or anytime thereafter. For class cards, you have 6 weeks to use the 5 classes.
About the Instructor
It was the arrival of her son Chester in 1998 that first brought Karrie to the Pilates studio. Feeling out-of-sorts and gone soft, she turned to Pilates and the experience went to her core, not only restoring her healthy body, but also really boosting her self-confidence. She delved in, studying with world-renowned Master Instructor Romana Kryzanowska, opening her own studio, and writing two books aimed at helping clients to recover their inner strengths.
In her latest book, Post Pregnancy Pilates: An Essential Guide for a Fit Body After Baby, she draws on her personal and professional experience to enable her readers to get into the best physical and mental shape of their lives. She founded Centered, a studio for women, in 2005 to focus on post-partum recovery and general womens' health. She is happy to bring her knowledge and experience to new moms to help them enjoy their new bodies!