Childbirth Education Weekend Intensive
- When: Sat May 18th and Sun 19th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Where: Caribou Baby, Greenpoint/Williamsburg Map
- Price: $350
Offered by Birth Day Presence, this class is designed to prepare expectant parents for the labor experience.
The curriculum blends lecture, video, demonstration, and practice, and will cover the following topics:
- Gestation and anatomy
- Preparing your body and adapting to its change
- Signs, stages and emotional signposts of labor
- Pain management techniques including breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage techniques, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy options, vocalization and more
- Understanding evidence-based care
- Birth preference sheets (birth plans)
- Pain medication options
- Labor support - who to have at your birth
- Understanding medical support, interventions and induction
- Cesarean birth and prevention
- Postpartum health
For more class information, please visit Birth Day Presence
- Sat/Sun, May 18th and 19th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Sat/Sun, Jun 8th and 9th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Sat/Sun, Jun 22nd and 23rd 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Sat/Sun, July 13th and 14th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Sat/Sun, Aug 17th and 18th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
- Sat/Sun, Aug 24th and 25th 12:30-6pm (includes a 30 min break)
$350 - To register and purchase this class click here.
Please try to schedule your class to end by the time you are 36 weeks pregnant. Prices are per couple. If your weeknight schedule can accommodate, we strongly encourage couples to consider registering for the longer, 4 to 6-week series, which provides ample time to digest the course material.
Birth Day Presence classes are non-refundable within 28 days of class. If you would like to cancel before that time, you will receive an 85% refund. Birth Day Presence is not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for classes missed as a result of scheduling conflicts, vacations, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control.
If you cannot make it to one of the scheduled classes you may do one of the following:
- Depending on availability, sit in on the appropriate night of another series offered by Birth Day Presence at the same or alternate location. Arrangements must be made in advance with Birth Day Presence.
- Hire a Birth Day Presence teacher for a make-up session at the rate of $90/hr. A two-hour class will be condensed into 1 hour.
- Ask a class member to catch you up to speed
In the special circumstance that a mother-to-be is placed on bedrest or delivers before 36 weeks, the unused portion of your class fee may be applied to another class or workshop offered at Birth Day Presence.
Birth Day Presence and Caribou Baby reserve the right to cancel classes or alter class times and will issue refunds accordingly. In the event of a re-schedule, every effort will be made to work with students' schedules.